Well the girls and I made it safely back from Florida! We flew done to see my parents for 5 days in St. Petersburg. Katelyn did excellent on the plane even though she didn't get chips or pretzels! Quite disappointed she was, I was disappointed you had to pay $2.00 for chips! Mackenzie on the other hand hated the flight! From the moment the wheels left the ground she was unhappy! She whined and cried through almost the whole flight! She managed to fall asleep for 20 minutes and then the pilot announced the flight attendants needed to get ready for landing and that woke her up. She was quite peeved she didn't get to finish her nap! I felt bad for the pilot who was sitting next to us. I didn't realize he was wearing earplugs though! I apologized to the surrounding people and thankfully they were sympathetic to Mackenzie and kind! Katelyn kept asking where nana and papa were at. I think everyone on the plane knew we were there to see nana and papa by the time we got off the plane!
Before I go on any further I have to say at the Detroit Metro airport, the lady at the check-in was very pleasant who got us the skycab. The TSA workers through security were very nice and helpful! Yes helpful! They folded up the stroller for me and then unfolded it for me and helped me repack it! The TSA in Tampa were just as great! The called us over and we skipped the line to go through security immediately. Our flight was already starting to board people I soon figured out! I didn't care too much for the flight attendants to Tampa but the flight attendants back to Detroit were wonderful!!!!!! Gave us extra napkins just in case and hurried to find a milk for Mackenzie before we landed!
In Florida we did a lot of relaxing and sight-seeing! We went swimming at a pool by the beach. So Katelyn built sandcastles and let the waves of the ocean wash her feet! She really enjoyed that even if the water was freezing cold!!! Went to SeaWorld and saw Shamu, saw dolphins(unfortunately we weren't able to feed them), penguins(Mackenzie waved and said hi as they swam by), searays as Katelyn calls them, sharks, and sealions. We fed the sealions, Katelyn barked back at them. There was one that after it ate a fish it would lay on it's back and flap his flippers on his chest. It was like he was trained to beg for fish this way! It was really quite cute! Went to a town called Tarpin Springs and saw sponges galore! We also went to an aquarium in Tarpin Springs and saw a Grouper that weighed more than 100lbs in their huge tank that also held other fish and nurse sharks. While we were there we fed nurse sharks and pet a python! In Tampa we went to the Lowry Park Zoo where Katelyn fed a giraffe, which was awesome! Katelyn was not afraid like I thought she would be! I wanted to at least touch the giraffe if not pet one, but you are not allowed to do either! Darn it!!!
Uncle Chad was able to come and stay with us for 3 days. Katelyn was his buddy the whole time! Thanks for being a great trooper Chad!! Katelyn loved it!!!
The girls really enjoyed themselves. Very excited to see their nana and papa for sure!
The plane ride home was easier! I realized if I closed the shades on the windows Mackenzie didn't get upset. The three of us fit in the tiny bathroom! And there was even a changing table! A small part of the wall above the toilet folds down! Who knew! The noises of the planes gear taking off and landing is what really freaks out Mackenzie. She got really hyped up over it! Katelyn was excited to see her dad as was Mackenzie and I when we landed! Immediately she asked if he could take her to McDonald's for icecream with cookies in it!!
Glad to be home but wish we were there this week instead! I miss being able to wear my flip-flops!
Unfortunately Ed wasn't able to go with us, but at Thanksgiving we are going down to Orlando to see my family. So for sure we'll be going back to SeaWorld! That place is too big and there is too much to see in one day!!! It was great seeing my mom and dad, and it was great to just get away. I'm sure Ed misses the quietness of the house though!
No comments:
Post a Comment